Pages

Apr 1, 2014

Paul

And so I decided to blog about Paul Boulangerie & Patteserie here instead of my other blog...well, since the content will be more abt food & feedback on the cafe instead of my family, I thought it's more apt to blog about it here as the other blog is more about my family! ;))
Nevertheless, both blogs are mine! So who cares huh? Hehe!
So then...on Sunday, I had a date with my man of coz! Must still continue with the dates eventhough we've been married for more than a decade ya! ;))
We finally decided to pop in at Paul...a French Boulangerie & Patteserie located at the centre of the city in the air-condition comfort of a mall, Ngee Ann City.
Have heard about it, have googled about it...and so we decided to check it out. Well, we can still have some coffee if it turns out we can't consume anything there.
Paul is said to be Muslim owned...but here it has yet to be certified halal. We were happy to see some Malay/Muslim staffs upon reaching the cafe...we could do some spying you see! Hehe!
We were thus seated and given the menu by a middle-aged Malay/Muslim lady who was donning the hijab. We enquired about the status of the cafe & were told that it has yet to be certified halal however, it is Muslim owned & all ingredients used are from halal sources. And totally no alcohol in the cafe & kitchen.
As we were browsing the menu...our eyes were browsing around too. We noticed there were a few Malay/Muslim staffs who were well deployed in the kitchen, in the bakery & in the cafe.
We interviewed another lady who works in the bakery next...she too gave the same response. And so without hesitation we placed our orders. We were indeed amazed by the food there...they were really good. The staffs were friendly too.
All their bakes are handmade...which even include their butter that we requested for a second helping of their baguette & butter! Thumbs up!
Now many would say that it'd be better to eat at outlets that are halal certified. Well, it is of coz but personally, I am one of them who are not so particular. Of coz I'd check out the outlet prior to trying out their food. There are a some eateries which do not have halal certifications too...these includes names like Fluffbakery, Penny University, Le Parisian to name some in SG. Even in Msia, places like Tony Roma's, Chilli's and TGIF too do not have halal certification but Muslims are flocking in...and these places even serve alcohol....so what's your take?
For me...as long as I consciously know what I am consuming without any suspicion...insyaAllah, all is good for me.
Paul definitely serves gourmet food which are awesome! We even grabbed some pastries at the bakery...thumbs up too! Thus we fell in love with Paul...will be back for it!
Oh yes! My man & I love food and we can't deny that! ;))