Pages

Mar 8, 2014

It's International Women's Day - 8 March

It's International Women's Day today! A tribute to all women all over the world! Alhamdulillah...am blessed to be born as a woman.
Was kinda busy settling work-related stuffs and also some personal stuffs since morning. And it was this morning too that I read abt 2 happenings which robbed people of their happiness.
Don't ask me why...but I just personally feel that the 2 incidents might be related...in some way. Now...I hereby emphasise that this is but just my personal opinion...what I personally think. Period.
First major incident was the missing report of MAS airline plane MH370. On board were some 200+ passengers heading to Beijing. The craft was reported undetectable...even after more than 12hrs, it is still reported as missing. Nothing was found as this is being typed.
This hit Msia hard. Twitter, Instagram & Facebook were filled with posts abt the missing plane. On Instagram itself, Msians were posting & re-posting black screen...to symbolise the sadness that engulfs them.
On the other hand, news of Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim being sentenced to imprisonment today can only be found in Twitter...that too because I was following DSAI's tweets. Now...again, this is my personal views...you may agree or disagree. All these years, ever since the case started...I don't believe that DSAI is guilty of his charges. Years and years...in & out of prison...swollen eyes...punched up face...but still, he didn't admit guilty. As a Malay saying goes...'berani kerana benar' which translates 'staying strong coz its the truth'.
And among the tweets, there were some that saluted DSAI's wife Dr Wan Azizah...
And as I reflected, today is indeed such a coincidence...International Women's Day, DSAI's sentencing & MH370 tragedy...just too coincidental that it was playing in my mind the whole day...until my husbern went "Aik...still on this topic?" coz I was sharing my thoughts with him abt it.
I personally feel the tribute tweets for Dr Wan Azizah were kinda appropriate. She has been standing strong by her husband since the day everything started. She didn't waver...even till today. Such a strong woman...a strong wife she is. Today being IWD...today being the day her husband being sentenced.
And so...I was thinking what I would have done if I were in her shoes. Would I be able to be as strong as she is?
And then...it just sort of dawned on me. Coz news of MH370 came as a shock for most of us...coz Msia is so near. MAS which can be said to be one of the safest airlines...Boeing777 which is said to be one of the best craft...met with a mishap. Innalilahi wa innalillahi rajiuun..
And the plane is yet to be found...it disappeared frm radar...and no traces yet to be discovered.
Again...putting myself in Dr Wan Azizah's shoes, as a wife, as a woman...the strongest weapon that I have will be doa. After fighting strong side by side with her husband, when her husband was sentenced...her heart must have hurt so much. If I were her...after all the fight and still faced with the imprisonment of beloved husband, the only way a woman has left is to turn to Him.
And subhanaAllah...such power does a woman has when it comes to the doa she makes...
If it was me...my doa would be "Ya Allah...if my husband has really been wronged...pls show to them..." As a woman...as a wife...I am sure Dr Wan Azizah is almost dried up of her tears. Msia has made a woman cry...and now Msia is 'crying'.
SubhanaAllah...SubhanaAllah...SubhanaAllah...Sesungguhnya Allah Maha Agung...
My heart goes out to all the passengers & crew of MH370...may their family stay strong overcoming this tragedy.

*this is but just my personal thoughts...*