Pages

Sep 5, 2014

Teachers' Day 2014

Today is a school holiday to commemorate Teachers' Day. This year's Teachers' Day celebration at my sch is spread over 2 weeks. Hehe! Well, actually we had our Teachers' Day dinner last week & this week was just celebration in school.
This is the 2nd Teachers' Day with my current school. Both last year's & this year's celebrations were rather simple compared to previous years. Being a new school with only 2 levels & thus not as many staffs...the celebrations were perfect! In fact, costs saving too! Lol! 
Simple bonding time with colleagues over a wonderful buffet spread is just too precious. To be able to have everyone at the table, enjoying food together...sharing stories...laughing off silly jokes...priceless!





And the celebration in school with the kiddos...simply makes one forget that they were the ones who'd often drive teachers up the wall! Haha! 
Truth is...they are just who they are...children! Sometimes, how I wish I'd be able to turn back time...be the child that I used to be. No worries about anything...no need to plan anything...no need to do as much as what I have to do now. 
And when it comes to having fun with them...they are just wonderful kids! ❤️




To be a teacher was my childhood dream...and alhamdullilah...I am one now. Thank you Ya Rabb! 

Have always looked up to my teachers...my primary school teachers...secondary school teachers...JC teachers...even the lecturers in tertiary institutions. 
The knowledge that they passed on to the students...to make sure that what is taught is understood...is mastered...is a job too noble...I thought. 
I remembered writing a composition about my ambition...and I wrote why I want to be a teacher. 
'Teaching is a noble job. Without teachers, there will be no doctors, no lawyers, no bankers, no ministers & not even teachers...' And even until today...I still believe as such. 
Happy Teachers' Day to all educators out there! ❤️